Log in below or subscribe today to access these resources
- Control of Asbestos: An outline of the Control of Asbestos Regulations and the steps necessary to ensure compliance with them.
- Drugs Misuse in Community Organisations: Guidance for community organisations on developing policies and practices to deal with drug misuse and an overview of legal liability.
- Fire Regulations and Checklists: This technical guidance note describes the main fire hazards, outlines the relevant legislation and gives practical advice on how to observe the law and maintain adequate precautions against fire.
- Fireworks Legislation: A summary of the laws and licensing issues on the use of fireworks.
- Food Safety and Food Hygiene: This technical guidance note explains the Food Safety Act and Food Hygiene Regulations and will help community organisations to produce safe food and to meet their other responsibilities.
- Health and Safety in Community Buildings: An outline of health and safety law and the obligations it places on community organisations in relation to their employees and to the people who use community buildings.
Model policies and templates
- Fire Safety Risk Assessment Template: The template is for a risk assessment and checklist of potential fire hazards in community buildings.
- Food Safety and Hygiene Notice: This is an example of the sort of notice that should be prominently displayed in your organisation’s kitchen.
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment Form: A risk assessment form
- Specimen Health and Safety Policy: An example of a health and safety policy suitable for a community organisation. This policy should be amended to reflect the specific circumstances and needs of your community organisation.
- Community Building Health and Safety Checklist: An aid for those running a community building to check compliance with health and safety requirements. It consists of a detailed health and safety checklist, together with a form for risk assessment purposes.